Sunday, November 25, 2007

Hitman, between game and movie.


I have been waiting for the movie "Hitman" for a long time, and finally I watched it because I am a super fans of this game. This game is developed by a company called IO in Denmark and it has 4 series so far. I remembered when I first played this game, I couldn't admire more about the great idea of the game: you acted as a hitman who named 47 to assassinate certain people for money. In addition, I have convinced my father to play this game and he really got into it. After several years later, it has become a movie, which was wonderful news for me. However, finishing the movie, I felt a little frustrated.

Although the movie was about Hitman, the scenarist just like created a new story based on the game. I totally could not find any connection between the movie and the game. Also, the actor who acted the 47 was not what I expected. Probably the one in the game has impressed me a lot but I won't say I satisfied with the movie. The actor was a little bit young so he looks not that mature except his stony expression.Furthermore, to my surprise, the agent 47 always stayed with a woman in the movie, which has completely destroyed the image of 47 in the game.

Well, I think it does not happens occasionally because if people really love a novel or a game, after they become a movie, every single change will make people uncomfortable so I don't wanna complain anymore and what should I do is go back to the game and enjoy myself haha.

4 comments:

ERIC said...

Be honest, i think this movie is not too bad. However, for people who played that game, they maybe depressed so much about it.

Ghazal said...

Hey... You are an action movie lover.

Scott Douglas said...

It sounds like a pretty violent movie. I think I'll wait for the DVD!

Bill said...

Watching movies is a good action, but do not lost in movies.